Fluid Exchange Service
Crucial for extending the longevity of your vehicle
Clean Fluids Make All the Difference
It’s easy to forget, but with all of the moving parts and systems that comprise your vehicle, having clean fluids is imperative in ensuring that all of those systems can function properly. Clean fluids help to lubricate, dissipate heat, and keep gunk from building up – all of which will help to extend the life of your vehicle massively, saving you tons in the long run. So why do fluids have to be changed? Because:
Fluids Break Down
Similar to solids, the compounds that comprise your vehicle fluids eventually break down or evaporate due to heat, pressure, and a number of other forces. This is why changing your fluids regularly is so important, as neglecting these fluids means you’re letting dirty and broken-down fluids power the most vital components of your vehicle. At Toyota Northwest Edmonton, our expert technicians will inspect all of your vehicles fluids to see if they’re dirty, broken down, or if they’ve evaporated. Then, they’ll change, top up, and remove the fluids as necessary, ensuring your vehicle stays in good health for years to come.
We Check Them All
Our expert technicians will inspect all your vehicle’s main fluids to check for both condition and level. The fluids inspected include:
- Engine Oil – Arguably the most important fluid in your vehicle, and the one that needs to be changed most often. Engine oil can burn off, leak out, or get dirty, so our service team will take a look and let you know if it needs to be changed, topped off, or if it’s good to go.
- Antifreeze / Coolant – These fluids are responsible for keeping your vehicle at a safe operating temperature by dissipating heat – as an engine running too hot will cause serious damage very quickly. Our team checks both its level and blend ratio of antifreeze to water.
- Transmission Fluid – Though it needs to be changed less often, it is still essential to have the correct levels of transmission fluid, as it lubricates the transmission and is responsible for making shifting a smooth process.
- Brake Fluid – Since your brake system works via hydraulic pressure, the main thing to check for here is the level of the fluid, and a lack of air bubbles, as if these are not optimal, your braking system will not function properly – and it’s safe to say that braking is important.
- Windshield Washer – We all know just how dirty the roads get in Alberta, which is why having your windshield washer fluid topped up is a must.
- Air Conditioning (A/C) – If you’d like, we can also check the status of your air conditioning fluid, to make sure your vehicle blows ice cold air for those scorching summer days.
Do I Need My Fluids Changed?
Regardless of whether your vehicle is a gas powered, diesel powered, or a hybrid, all vehicles require these fluids, meaning the will need to be changed at regular intervals. So what are these intervals? It is generally recommended that you should change your oil every 5,000-7,500km, your coolant every 50,000km, your brake fluid every 70,000km, and lastly your transmission fluid every 95,000km. These recommendations are not set in stone though, and there are a multitude of factors that may reduce the lifespan of these fluids, including weather, driving habits, and others, meaning it is best to bring it in and check with one of our experienced technicians if you are unsure. In between fluid exchanges, it is always a good plan to have your fluids inspected, flushed, and topped up if necessary, especially before a change in season as this is when your vehicle is subjected to the harshest conditions.